Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baker's Dozen Yeast Rolls



The summer has just flown by. I can hardly believe how fast this year is moving. It scares me a little because I feel as though my kids are growing up too fast and I want to enjoy them at the age they are now a little longer. I know I can't stop them from growing so I need to cherish these times as much as I can and make time for them even when it might seem inconvenient.

The cooler weather is right around the corner. Now this is something I look forward too after our extremely warm summers here in Arizona. I heard on the news just this morning that this is the 9th straight day of extreme temperature warnings. If we have another one tomorrow it will break the record. So you can see where I would look forward to the cooler weather. Something else I look forward to is making and eating more soups and breads such as this roll recipe here. These utilize quick-rise yeast so they are so quick and easy to make if you need them last minute. They have a yummy honey-garlic topping that makes them extra special. They will be the perfect partner for soup or chili. I hope you enjoy!

Baker's Dozen Yeast Rolls
recipe source Taste of Home Simple & Delicious

2 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 pkg. (1/4 oz or 2 1/4 tsp) quick ruse yeast
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup warm water (120 to 130 degrees)
2 Tbsp plus 4 tsp butter melted and divided
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese ( I just used medium)
2 tsp honey
1/8 tsp garlic salt

In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and 2 Tbsp butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.

Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. I actually just did this in my Kitchen-Aid. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.

Divide into 13 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 9-inch round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.



Bake at 375 for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine the honey, garlic salt and remaining butter; brush over rolls.

0 comments:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket