Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chicken Salsa Verde Bake


I have been a little sparse with my postings lately. I apologize for that. I promise my family is not starving and I still make dinner almost every night of the week. My problem is that I've been making repeats or dishes that I'm not exciting about sharing with you. I've been on a quick and easy dinner kick lately. My girls beg me to go swimming with them every afternoon which cuts into dinner making time. Well worth it I might add but it doesn't leave me much time to get creative. This is one of those great quick and easy dinners that you can throw together in no time, even early in the day if you wish. After our afternoon swim yesterday I ran inside and this was ready to bake in the oven within 10 minutes. This is how my daughter kept herself occupied while dinner was baking.



She had a great desire to make a rocket out of a cardboard box I had laying around. This was all her idea. She did a great job decorating it with her markers. I got a worked up an appetite pushing her and her sister around the dining room in this thing. I am sorry to say that this poor rocket didn't make it through the night. They don't make cardboard like they used to. Hope everyone is having a great week. Enjoy!!

Chicken Salsa Verde Bake
adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray Magazine

2 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked & shredded)
2 (16 oz) jars of salsa verde or regular mild salsa
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup sour cream (I used light)
3 cups crushed tortilla chips
1 (8 oz) bag shredded Mexican-style cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl mix together cooked chicken, salsa, beans, onion and sour cream.

Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Scatter 1 cup of tortilla chips on the bottom and top with half of the chicken mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers and cover with the remaining 1 cup tortilla chips. Bake until cheese is bubbly, about 30 minutes.



This is what my daughter's plates looked like. I rounded it out by making a cheese quesadilla on a whole wheat tortilla which they dipped in sour cream and some grapes.

Linked this recipe up with Join Aggie's Kitchen and Real Mom Kitchen.

0 comments:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket