Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cookies of Insane Greatness

Have I got a cookie recipe for you! I apologize in advance for any of you who are still working on that New Year's resolution to eat better. If I had to choose my favorite cookie it would be chocolate chip. This recipe takes a plain old chocolate chip cookie and transforms it into a party for your mouth. Your tummy is going to love you and your hips, thighs and personal trainer are going to hate you. I got this recipe from Jenny over at Picky Palate. These cookies are ooey gooey on the inside and crisp on the outside. Here is your lineup:
Candy Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches

2 sticks softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp. pure vanilla
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
10 oz. bag chocolate chips (I used minis)
Variety of snack size Reese's, Snicker's, Kit Kat's etc.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs & vanilla until well combined.

Place flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl, mix then slowly add to your wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips to combine. Look at this yummy cookie dough. I could just take a spoon and dig in but I practiced my self control.


Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of snack size candy bar. I used Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Snicker's, Milky Ways, Twix & Kit Kat's.

Then take another scoop and place it on the bottom of candy like so:


Now just seal the edges together by pressing and cupping in your hand until candy bar is enclosed with dough.


Place onto parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 13 minutes or so until cookies are baked to your liking. Let cool 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Just look what you have inside when you cut them in half. These are just calling for a big glass of milk.

0 comments:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket