Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jello Dessert Parfait


I will admit right now that I don't enjoy the traditional St. Patrick's Day food. I pretty much stay away from corned beef & cabbage. My husband loves corned beef so maybe I will surprise him and make it someday but for now this is as close to St. Patrick's Day food as I'm going to get. It is green right? This dessert is very light and refreshing. It's the perfect thing to eat for dessert after a bigger meal. It's also very versatile. You can change up the Jello flavor to whatever floats your boat or layer a few different colors for very pretty presentation. Whatever you decide don't forget about the whipped cream on the top to make it look extra special.


Jello Dessert Parfait

1 3oz Jello Cook & Serve Pudding
1 3oz Jello Lime Gelatin Dessert Mix
2 1/2 cups water
1 envelope of Dream Whip Topping

Combine pudding, Jello and water in a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium high heat until mixture comes to boil and is thick and clear.


Remove from heat, pour into a bowl and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.


Here they are hanging out in the fridge. Can you tell we like yogurt?

Prepare Dream Whip according to package directions. Blend into Jello mixture. Spoon into glasses and chill at least 4 hours until firm.

Makes 4-6 servings. 

Double this recipe if making for a crowd. It will go fast!

Here is an orange version as well.

1 comments:

Kathy Murray said...

I love this dessert. Lime and strawberry are my favorite.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket