Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Run Run As Fast As You Can...


Just look at the smile on this face. My daughter loves the story of the Gingerbread Man...we read it quite often. I don't know why I never noticed it before but there is a recipe for making gingerbread men right on the back cover of the book. Yesterday she asked me if we could make some of these little men. I told her we could defiantly do that but we would have to wait until tomorrow. Well she asked and asked all day today when we could get started. I could tell this was something she was really excited about. Finally this afternoon we were able to make them. I must say, I didn't use the recipe on the back of the book, I didn't even make gingerbread dough. I used my favorite sugar cookie dough recipe which you can find HERE. She was so happy to get to decorate the faces and add the buttons with little chocolate chips. I'm pretty sure she sneaked quite a few of them in the process. As they were baking she asked me if they were going to jump out of the oven when they were done, just like in the book. I love baking with my little girl, especially since she is getting older and can follow directions pretty well. Dinner ended up being leftovers because cookie making took precedence. The smile made it all worth it!

0 comments:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket