Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Cookie or a Brownie?


Life is full of hard decisions isn't it. Sometimes you want a warm, fresh, chocolate chip cookie and other times you want a rich, dark, chocolaty brownie. Well now you don't have to make that hard decision anymore. You can have both with this cookie recipe. This is a lot like my other cookie recipe but with a brownie stuffed inside. I know it's a little insane but oh, so good. Make these for your family, friends, co-worker's, the mail man, or anyone else who you might want to impress. These babies are BIG, which is a good thing right? Make up a batch of brownies ahead of time so you don't have to wait for them to cool. I just used leftover brownies from this recipe I made on Monday and they worked perfect. Hope you enjoy!

Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Picky Palate

1 brownie mix or homemade brownies from my blog here
2 sticks softened butter
1 Cup granulated sugar
3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 Cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare brownie according to package directions.  Let cool completely then cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.


In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla, continue to beat until well combined.

Place flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl; mix to combine then add slowly to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.

Place a large cookie scoopful of dough on top of a brownie square and another large scoop on the bottom.



Gently press and enclose brownie with dough adding pinches more dough to cover sides if needed.  Place 6 filled cookies onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake for 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown.  Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from baking sheet.  Grab a tall glass of milk and dig in.

Makes 12-16 VERY large cookies


Oh, My! Look at that brownie!

0 comments:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket