Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chocolate Sugar Cookies


Like I've said before, sugar cookies are so much fun to make and they just make me happy. I decided to make a chocolate version for a fun twist. I love holiday's because they give you a reason to bake or make fun holiday themed goodies. *Warning* If you are a chocolate kind of person, you are going to love these. They are simple to make and taste great. These cookies are nice and soft and will fill your home with a most divine chocolate smell.


Chocolate Sugar Cookies  Annie's Eats

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
pinch of salt
6 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup confectionery sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt; whisk to blend and set aside.  In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar.  Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.  Blend in the egg and vanilla.  With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated and no streaks remain.  Form the dough into a disc, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, 1-2 hours.


Preheat the oven to 325˚ F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.  On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough out to about ¼-inch thickness.  Cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters and place cut outs on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake 10-12 minutes, just until set.  Let cool on the baking sheet about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.  Decorate as desired.



Here is a link to my Sugar Glaze recipe-Sugar Glaze


0 comments:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket