Sunday, February 20, 2011

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins (or Bread)


I was sitting (okay laying) on the couch after church today trying to decide what I wanted to make today. I knew I wanted something sweet so I was thinking either muffins or a new brownie recipe that I've been wanting to try. I went with the muffins mainly because my husband is trying to eat healthier and on a P90X routine at the moment and I didn't want to tempt him to stray too much. I might sneak those brownies in one day when he is a work. This muffin recipe is so good. I know I've said that about my other muffin recipe but two things can be SO GOOD at the same time. In fact these two muffins recipes are my absolute favorite (for now). I'm sure I'll try other ones down the road. Anyways, these are ooey gooey warm from the oven with the melting chocolate chips and warm smashed banana. I love them with a glass of milk. Like most muffin recipes, these can be frozen so a double batch is always a good idea. I always make muffins with this recipe but you could also bake them in a loaf pan if you prefer slices. Whatever your choice they are good with way.

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins (or Bread)
Adapted from Wit and Whistle

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I used white wheat)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar (I only used 1/2 cup to cut down on the sugar)
1/4 cup canola oil
2 egg whites
1 cup mashed RIPE bananas (2 Large)
1/4 cup fat free milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 F. Great bottoms of 12 muffin tins or 8x4 or 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.

In a large bowl mix sugar, oil, egg whites, banana's, milk, and vanilla until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into muffins tin or loaf pan.

Bake loaf for about 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in comes out clean. Bake muffins for about 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool on cooling rack. I eat them warm, I think they are the best that way!


0 comments:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket