Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Top 5 Snacks!

I thought it would be fun to do posts about my top 5 favorites in different categories. I've chosen SNACKS for my first post on this subject. I'm not really a big snacker at the moment. I say that because I have been in the past but right now it seems like my 3 meals a day are working pretty good for me. I do however enjoy a nightly treat of some kind. Not a single night ever passes without me snacking on something while watching my favorite reality shows (Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, The Apprentice). This list is what I am usually enjoying on any given night. Here we go:


Trader Joe's version of Pirate's Booty. I am so in love with this stuff. Once you place your hand in the bag it will be hard to remove it. It's totally addicting. If you like popcorn, you're going to love these White Cheddar Corn Puffs. The best way to describe them is like popcorn without the kernel. They just kind of disintegrate when you pop them into your mouth. They are also a pretty healthy snack that you won't feel bad about your kids eating. Just remember my warning about the addiction.


I am a huge fan of Pepperidge Farm GOLDFISH. I think it is one of the best parts about having small children because you have an excuse to always have them with you (they are for the kids, right?) I like most of the flavors but this new flavor, VANILLA CUPCAKE, is so much fun. They taste like a vanilla cupcake and have cute little sprinkles baked right in. Once again, a great snack that you don't have to feel bad about.


I could eat fruit for every meal. I have a hard time in the winter because my choices are limited to apples and bananas. I like apples and bananas but they can get boring. These Mrs. Mays Freeze Dried Fruit Chips taste wonderful, just  like a fresh apple, pear, and strawberry. It's amazing. They are healthy too. If you look at the ingredients you will see just the fruit, nothing else added. I like that they are so portable. They come in their own little single serving bag that you can throw in the car for hungry kids. You could also mix them with yogurt or top your cereal with them.


I have always been a big fan of pretzels. I love to snack on them at night. At the moment, these Rold Gold Honey Wheat Pretzels Sticks are my favorite. They are nice and thick with just the right amount of sweet and salty. I like to dip them in yogurt and then take a bite.


I couldn't write this post without including some kind of frozen treat. I love ice cream, frozen yogurt, ice cream sandwiches, you name it in the frozen food isle and I like it. I came upon this Dreyer's Key Lime Pie frozen yogurt the other day and couldn't resist. This stuff did not disappoint. The key lime yogurt had nice chunks of graham cracker crust swirled around. It is so refreshing and delicious. Once again another bonus is that it healthy so go ahead and indulge.

That is my list for the top 5 snack I enjoy! Have a happy Friday and a super happy weekend.

1 comments:

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

oh that key lime looks great! i want to try and make that in my new ice cream maker! oh and those pretzel sticks, i get the walmart no name brand, so good and so cheep!!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket