Monday, May 9, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies To Remember



I hope everyone had an awesome weekend and equally awesome Mother's Day. Mine was nice and quiet, not a lot of celebration here, but that is how I like it. I enjoyed just spending the most beautiful day with my children and husband. I didn't cook or bake anything and it was a nice break. My 4 year old daughter made a little flower and card for me at church. It was so cute, up at the top it said The Best Thing About My Mom Is...her response was that I am pretty and I wash a lot of dishes. I am glad that she appreciates my dish washing, at least someone does right. So here we are again at the start of a new week. It's Monday and you know what that means, COOKIE MONDAY! I came across a recipe that was entitled An Oatmeal Cookie To Remember. I was intrigued and knew that I had to make them to see just how awesome they really could be. I must say that they will not be forgotten anytime soon so the title lived up to it's name. I did add 1 tsp of cinnamon to the original recipe because I couldn't imagine an oatmeal raisin cookie without cinnamon. I think it was just the right touch to push these over the awesomeness edge. Just a tip for you: please, please, please...I'm begging you, do not over bake these. I took them out when they still looked a bit underdone. After they sat and cooled they turned out perfectly chewy and moist. Also, please make sure you follow the directions about soaking the raisins in the eggs and vanilla. This is what makes for a moist cookie. I hope you enjoy! Have a great week.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
recipe adapted from Zesty Cook

3 eggs, well beaten
1 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups oats

Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine eggs, raisins, and vanilla in a small bowl and let stand for 1 hour, covered with plastic wrap. (I stored mine in the fridge)

Cream together butter and sugars until well mixed. In a separate bowl stir together the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Add to the sugar mixture and mix until just incorporated.

Blend in the egg and raisin mixture; stir in oatmeal. Mix to combine.

Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheet or you could use silpat.

Bake for 9-10 minutes. Let cool on rack for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket