Monday, May 2, 2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies


Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend. They always go by too fast for me. I think that the weekend should be changed to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This would make for a more relaxed society. I can't believe it is May already. This year has flown by way too fast for me.

Once again I have a Monday COOKIE recipe for you. I've mentioned before how I think Monday's should be all about making cookies because they will bring something pleasant to the day. These cookies are reminiscent of the much beloved Nutter Butter's. I don't buy Nutter Butter's very often (at all) but I do really like them. I can remember my Sunday school teacher bringing them to us at church to keep up alert and happy, not an easy task I'm sure. The taste of these cookies come pretty close in my opinion. They are soft and chewy with a luscious peanut butter filling.You definitely have to be a fan of peanut butter to enjoy these because they are full of peanut goodness. Enjoy your COOKIE MONDAY everyone!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
recipe source Tracey's Culinary Adventures

Cookies3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup quick-cooking oats

Filling
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons heavy cream or half and half


Preheat oven to 350 F.  Line two baking sheets with parchment.

In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, peanut butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.  Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the egg and vanilla.  Beat to incorporate.  With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.  Finally, add the oats and beat briefly to distribute evenly.

Use a small cookie scoop to portion the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between them.  Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden and puffed, and the edges are set. Be careful not to over bake. Transfer baking sheet to a wire rack and let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes then transfer then to the wire rack to cool completely.  Repeat to bake all dough.



To make the filling: Combine the butter, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.  Beat on medium speed until smooth.  Add the heavy cream and beat until fluffy.  Match the cookies in pairs by size.  Transfer the filling to a piping bag and pipe a small amount onto the flat side of one cookie of each pair.  Sandwich the cookies together, and press the filling to the edges.  

Makes about 18 sandwich cookies


0 comments:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket