Friday, June 3, 2011

Mixed Grill Kabobs


I love grilling! I think the reason I love it so much is because I don't have to dirty pots and pans so my kitchen stays somewhat cleaner. I also love that grill flavor that only comes from a BBQ, an indoor grill pan just doesn't cut it. I've got a super simple one for you today. This will suit both beef and poultry fans. I found this recipe in the June 11 Family Circle magazine. Here how it goes. You buy a bottle of this Vidalia Onion dressing which by the way smells amazing.


You then marinate your beef, chicken, and veggies in 3 separate bags for about 30 minutes. Then it is time to skewer them and grill. Super easy, healthy, and delicious. Use whatever veggies you wish. I think button mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, pepper's, or onions would be great. I hope everyone has an awesome weekend.

Mixed Grill Kabobs
adapted slightly from Family Circle magazine

1 lb sirloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
2 medium squashes, trimmed, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch rounds
2 medium zucchini, trimmed, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch rounds
1 bottle of Ken's Vidalia Onion dressing

Soak a dozen 12 inch bamboo skewers in warm water. Combine steak and 1/2 cup dressing in resealable bag. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.

Combine chicken and 1/2 cup dressing in resealable bag. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.

Combine all the veggies in a separate resealable bag and 1/2 cup dressing to marinate along with the meats.

Heat gas grill to medium high or charcoal grill to medium hot. Thread beef and veggies on skewers and then chicken and veggies on separate skewers.

Grill chicken kabobs 4 minutes per side, until cooked through and beef kabobs for 3 minutes per side until cooked through. Serve with extra dressing for dipping.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love cooking Kabobs on the grill!
And these look good! :)

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket