Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Heath Bar Cookies


I was in a cookie type mood today. I had homemade cookies on my mind all day and finally at 3:00pm I gave into my craving. I was in a chocolate chip mood but sadly when I went to my freezer I realized that I was all out. However, sitting there all alone on the shelf was this bag of Heath Bar Chocolate Covered Toffee Pieces. Ding, Ding, Ding! Suddenly I was all excited and forgot all about my friend the chocolate chip. Heath Bar cookies sounded way better and I got right to work. These hit the spot. My husband was pleased because he loves all things made with Toffee. They bake up thin but chewy and buttery. They were a big hit with my kids as well. This is just a basic cookie recipe but make sure you realize that the dough needs to chill for 30 minutes after mixing them up. I know it might be hard to do but that is what the recipe says. They will be worth the wait though. I hope you enjoy!

Heath Bar Cookies
recipe source Mel's Kitchen Cafe

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped Heath Bar pieces (Eight 1.4 ounce bars) or 1 (8-ounce) package of chocolate-covered or regular toffee bits

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside. In a large bowl (or the bowl of an electric stand mixer), with an electric handheld mixer, beat together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla and mix until the mixture is very light in color and creamy. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Once it is about halfway combined, add the heath bits and mix until all the ingredients are mixed together. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes to an hour.

Preheat the oven to 350°F. On cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or a Silpat liner, scoop the cookie dough into about 1-inch balls. Place the dough about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets (these cookies have a bit of spread to them!). Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are just starting to brown. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 4-5 dozen cookies

1 comments:

The Daily Smash said...

I just found your blog and i love it! im a new follower. Check out my food blog

www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com
Ashley

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket