Friday, April 1, 2011

Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Chicken


Chicken is my meat of choice. Spinach is my vegetable of choice. They come together beautifully in this Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Chicken. I enjoy stuffing and rolling chicken with different ingredients. It's kind of fun and pretty when they are cut into. This is one that you won't feel guilty about eating because it is quite healthy but I assure you the taste is not compromised. This is a good way to get some vegetables into your kids, or yourself for that matter. I hope you enjoy!

Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 box 10 oz frozen spinach thawed and well drained
3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup egg substitute
12 whole wheat crackers such as Ritz
1 tsp dried basil

Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Between pieces of plastic wrap, place each chicken breast and gently pound with meat mallet or rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick.

In a medium bowl, mix spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp basil and the garlic until well blended. Spread about 1 large Tbsp spinach mixture over each breast and roll up tightly. If necessary, secure with toothpicks.

In a small bowl, place the egg substitute. In another shallow bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 1 tsp basil and a dash of pepper. Dip each chicken breast into the egg substitute; coat with crumb mixture. Place seam side down in baking dish.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until thermometer inserted into the center of chicken reads 165 F. Remove toothpicks before serving.

0 comments:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket