Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Zucchini Soup


I know it might sound a little crazy but it was in the 80's yesterday and I had a hankering for some soup. Not just any soup, it had to be this Zucchini Soup. I am a huge fan of soup. I love to make it, I love the way it smells, and most importantly I love to eat it. So far of all the soups I've ever made, this one is my favorite. Is that not a bold statement? It is quick and easy, you don't even have to chop the veggies very much. It is also healthy (think swimsuit season) and a great way to use up the bounty of zucchini that everyone seems to get, I wouldn't know what that was like though. This makes the light meal when paired with some kind of dinner roll. I made my Orange-Buttermilk Dinner Rolls, which are my favorite rolls to go along with my favorite soup. I hope you enjoy!


Zucchini Soup
adapted from Skinny Taste

1/2 small onion cut into chunks
2 garlic cloves
3 small zucchini with skin on, cut into chunks
2 peeled carrots cut into chunks
32 oz chicken stock
2 Tbsp light sour cream or Greek yogurt
salt and pepper to taste

Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic, zucchini, and carrots in a medium pot and cook on medium heat.

Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Puree; Add the sour cream. Using an immersion blender, puree till smooth. You can also do this in a blender with the lid off to let the steam escape.

Stir in remaining ingredients, and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve hot.



0 comments:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Followers
Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels
Photobucket
About Me
My Photo
momof2girls
One of the many jobs I have as a stay at home mom is to cook. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy dishes to feed my family. I started this blog as a way to virtually capture my most valuable recipe creations and finds. I hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile
Won In The Oven
Photobucket

Archive
Photobucket
Photobucket